National Sports Center in Blaine April 25 and 26, 9:30- 3:00pm
Every player can score hundreds of goals. The ability to finish regardless of position is soccer’s most sought after skill at every level. The Pre-Season NSC Goalie/Striker Camp is focused on finishing: Power and placement shooting, headers, volleys, toe pokes, penalty kicks, corner kicks, bicycle kicks, and more!
Emphasis is on technique as applied to a functional training environment that recreates the pressure of the game. Composure on the ball in tight situations is the goal.
Designed to improve and expand each goalkeeper’s ability both with and without the ball
Emphasis on timing, footwork and rhythm will give each goalkeeper the foundation to properly train in the fundamental areas of the position.
Each session will cover but is not limited to:
– Basic handling: The foundation of each goalkeeper’s game
– Collapse dives: Short range basic collapsing to consistently expand goalkeepers range
– Extension dives: For when it’s time to lay out
– Breakaways: For each goalkeeper to be confident and capable of winning 1v1 duals
– Crosses and high balls: To ensure proper box management